Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Don't Front on the Summer

summer session

I know that summer isn't here just yet, but it feels like it is going to be here soon. The sun isn't as shy these days (at least in Brooklyn), so I feel that now is as good of a time as any to get into some summertime mix-tape noise.

I'll try to post a couple of songs a week that I feel aptly express my feelings toward the summer. It's Tuesday today, so let's just say that I will do this every Tuesday.

The first track I have chosen is from Soul Jazz's "Studio One Roots vol. 3". I could easily have chosen any of the tunes off of this album. In fact, get this album if you like Reggae at all. It is a wonderful compilation of old Studio One roots stuff, and may be the best so far of the roots series.

This song is by Winston Flames, and is one of the more contains really interesting sounds (is that a phasing synth in the background?).

Winston Flames - In A Armagideon

M83 brings us our next track. This song is only good when you are riding your bike with your friends having so much fun that when you think about it later it kind of makes you feel embarrassed.

M83 - Kim & Jessie
***THIS LINK ISN'T WORKING AND I'M TRYING TO FIX IT***

Also, Don't Front on the Summer was a mix by my boy F.Y.P.C. Check out his myspace and tell him why you fronting.

Fuck You Private Citizen Myspace

2 comments:

FUPC said...

haha. yeaaaahhh.

i thought about starting a blog once it was called "opinions and assholes" i still got the url reserved i only made the first post and never told anyone about it. i might pick it up after graduation. opinions-assholes.blogspot.com

also, once i graduate my myspace is gonna have that thermometer-popping shit.

u like weird music...u must do the reefer.

here is a reup of don't front on summer. its kinda wack but fuckit.
Vol. II COMIN SOON!
http://www.zshare.net/audio/10601862cfea3e66/

-fupc aka "d-mac" aka "McMoney" aka "Philly Phresh" aka "Herb Popular" aka "that incorrigible porridge kid" aka "your father son!"

FUPC said...

also m83 link no worky